How much is my office accident claim worth?
If you have been hurt in an office accident, your claim could be worth several thousands of pounds. Find out how much your injury might pay with our 30-second claims calculator or call one of our friendly advisors on 0800 175 7900.
Will I have to pay to claim compensation for an office accident?
No, because we offer No Win No Fee injury compensation claims to around 98% of our customers. So you won't have to pay Claims Direct any money up front, and we will only get a fee when we win you rightful compensation. This offers you all the peace of mind you need to start a claim, because we make sure you can never be left out of pocket by legal fees.
Will I have to go to court for an office accident compensation claim?
Most compensation claims for office accidents are settled between Claims Direct lawyers and your employer's insurance company, so in most cases you wouldn't have to go to court. Obviously, it is possible for cases to go to court, but where your employer is clearly at fault, this would be very unusual.
What sort of things can I claim for?
If you have been hurt in an office accident that wasn't your fault in the last three years, you should receive compensation for all of the injuries and financial losses that were caused by the accident. This means that the things you might be able to claim for include:
- Pain and suffering
- Loss of income
- Loss of future income
- Medical expenses
So whatever sort of accident you had in the office, if your employer failed to take all the steps needed to keep you safe, talk to us today about claiming the compensation you deserve.
What sort of office accident can I claim for?
You might be surprised to know that office accidents are pretty common, and can be quite serious. Slips, trips and falls account for most of the office compensation claims we deal with, but we also carry out No Win No Fee claims for office accidents caused by:
- Heavy lifting: where you have been asked to move something too heavy for you, or simply without having proper training
- Slips and trips: caused by hidden obstacles or slippery surfaces
- Electric shocks: caused by poorly maintained office equipment
- High falls: caused by standing on unsafe items like swivel chairs or unsafe steps to reach objects on high shelves
In all of these cases, your employer should have carried out a health and safety assessment to make sure that you were kept safe from harm. If they didn't do so and you have been injured, you should talk to us about getting the compensation you deserve.
Who's to blame for my office accident?
Every employer has what's called a 'Duty of Care' to keep you safe in the workplace. In fact, employers are meant to follow special regulations called the 'Six Pack'. These cover six key areas, including:
- Managing health and safety: including risk assessments
- Manual handling: to make sure you aren't hurt by heavy lifting
- Display screens: including their height and the need for regular breaks
- The workplace you are in: including its light level and temperature
- The equipment you use: to make sure it's safe
- Personal Protective Equipment (PPE)
Even if you work in an office with very few hazards, your employer needs to follow the Six Pack regulations to help keep you safe. If they haven't done this and you have been harmed as a result – in the last three years - start your No Win No Fee compensation claim today. Talk to one of our friendly advisors now on 0800 175 7900.