Home > Slip and trip injury claims > Trips on a pavement or public highway claims

No Win No Fee pavement trip injury claims

If you have been hurt by tripping on a defective pavement, our lawyers are here to help you.

Find out how much your claim is worth within minutes

0800 175 7900

How much is my pavement trip injury claim worth?

Trips and falls on uneven pavements can cause serious injury and claims can be worth several thousands of pounds. Find out how much your claim could be worth with our 30-second claims calculator or call one of our friendly advisors on 0800 175 7900.

Will I have to pay to claim for a pavement trip?

We proudly offer No Win No Fee claims for around 98% of our injury claims customers. This means you'll never be out of pocket, because we only get a fee when we win you the compensation you deserve. We think that this is the safest and easiest way for you to make a compensation claim.

Will I have to have a medical for my pavement trip claim?

To make sure that you get every penny of the compensation you are entitled to, we will send you to see a medical expert who will check how badly you have been hurt, and predict how long they think your injuries may take to recover from. This is important, as injuries from pavement trips can take a long time to recover from, and your compensation claim has to take this into account.

Will I have to go to court for a pavement trip injury?

When you have been injured due to unsafe paving or a pothole in the road, the claim will usually be settled between your Claims Direct lawyer and the local council or whoever owns the land that led to your injury. Even so, a very few pavement trip compensation cases do go to court, but this is usually when serious injuries have been caused and the compensation claim is expected to be really large.

Who do I claim against when I've fallen on a pavement?

In most cases where you've tripped and hurt yourself in the street due to uneven paving stones or potholes, the local council will be responsible. Having said that, you can also trip and fall on pavements that are owned by someone else, such as a local supermarket or a big retail park. But wherever you fell and hurt yourself due to a dangerous surface, it's important to report the injury to the landowner as soon as possible, and to get photographs and contact details for any witnesses, to act as evidence for your claim. Some of the most common reasons for compensation claims like this include:

So if you have been hurt by a trip in a public place - whether it was council-owned or owned by someone else - it's worth talking to one of our friendly advisors today to see if you might be entitled to claim compensation.

What sort of things can I claim for?

If you have been injured due to badly maintained roads or uneven pavements, you can often claim for more than just the injury itself. You may also be entitled to seek compensation for things like:

  • Loss of earnings
  • Future loss of earnings
  • Pain and suffering
  • Physiotherapy

What can I claim for?

So if you have had a trip, fall or another accident due to uneven pavements or potholes when you were in a public place, don't just put it down to experience. Instead, ask us about how to start a No Win No Fee compensation claim today. Talk to one of our friendly advisors now on 0800 175 7900.

Our support centre
opening hours

  • Weekdays: 08:00 - 21:00
  • Saturdays: 09:00 - 18:00

Existing customer

If you would like to speak to us about your existing claim, contact us on

0800 175 7900

Are you ready to start your claim? Call us free on 0800 175 7900