Home > Slip and trip injury claims > Claiming against the council

No Win No Fee local council injury claims

If you have been hurt on council owned property and it wasn’t your fault, our lawyers are here to help you.

Find out how much your claim is worth within minutes

0800 175 7900

How much is my local council injury claim worth?

Slips, trips and falls on council property can be serious and claims could be worth several thousands of pounds. Find out how much your injury could be worth with our 30-second claims calculator or call one of our friendly advisors on 0800 175 7900.

Will I have to pay to claim against the council?

We are proud to offer No Win No Fee claims to around 98% of our injury claims customers. That means you'll never be out of pocket, because we only get a fee when we win you the compensation you deserve. We believe that this is the safest and easiest way for you to make a compensation claim.

Will I have to have a medical for my claim against the council?

Yes, to make sure that we get you every penny of the compensation you are entitled to, we will send you to see a doctor who will check how badly you have been hurt, and say how long they think your injuries may take to heal. This is really important, as even some minor injuries from slips, trips and falls can take a long time to recover from, and your compensation claim has to take this into account.

Will I have to go to court for a claim against the council?

Where a council is clearly at fault - for example, where you have hit a large pothole that has been there for months – claims will usually be settled between your Claims Direct lawyer and the local council. Having said that, a few council compensation cases do go to court, but they are usually when really serious injuries have been caused and the compensation claim is expected to be very large.

What sort of injuries can I claim against the council for?

Your Council or Local Authority is responsible for keeping all of the land and buildings they own safe for the public to use. That includes land such as parks and pavements, and buildings such as leisure centres and council offices. Obviously this is a massive task, and it is quite common for paving stones to be left uneven or potholes in the road to be left unfilled. That's why some of the most common claims against local councils include:

Obviously, not every slip, trip or fall in a public place is the council's fault. But if you have been hurt on council owned property, it's worth talking to one of our friendly advisors today to see if you may be entitled to claim compensation.

What can I claim for?

If you have been injured due to badly kept roads, pavements or other council property, you can often claim for more than just the injury itself. You may also be entitled to compensation for things like:

  • Loss of earnings
  • Future loss of earnings
  • Pain and suffering
  • Physiotherapy
  • Medical expenses

What can I claim for?

So if you have had a slip, trip, fall or another accident on council property, you don't just have to put it down to experience. Instead, ask us about how to start a No Win No Fee compensation claim today. Talk to one of our friendly advisors now on 0800 175 7900.

Our support centre
opening hours

  • Weekdays: 08:00 - 21:00
  • Saturdays: 09:00 - 18:00

Existing customer

If you would like to speak to us about your existing claim, contact us on

0800 175 7900

Are you ready to start your claim? Call us free on 0800 175 7900