How much is my hip injury claim worth?
Every hip injury is different, but if it was someone else's fault, you could be entitled to thousands of pounds in compensation. Find out more with our 30 second claims calculator or call one of our friendly advisors on 0800 175 7900.
Will I have to pay anything?
No Win No Fee ensures you don't have to pay anything up front, so there's no risk to you, as we only take a fee if we win compensation on your behalf. This is a risk-free way of doing things for our customers, which is why we handle around 98% of our cases as No Win No Fee claims.
Will I have to have a medical for my hip claim?
Yes, because this provides us with the evidence we need to help get you the compensation you deserve. After all, if one of our medical experts says that your injury could cause lasting problems, we want to make sure that your compensation claim reflects the seriousness of the situation, and you get every penny you are entitled to.
Will I have to go to court for a hip claim?
The majority of hip injury claims are settled between lawyers. So apart from going to see a medical expert to assess your hip injury, most cases are dealt with over the phone, unless you prefer to visit one of our lawyers' offices near your home. A few hip injury claims do make it to court, but this is very rare.
Can I claim if hip replacement surgery went wrong?
Hip replacement surgery is now a fairly routine operation, with more than 100,000 operations taking place in the UK every year. Most of these are successful, but a few operations do go wrong, leading to major problems for the patient, including:
- Failure to position the new hip properly
- The wrong size hip being fitted
- Unexpected fractures during surgery
- Replacement hip failure
- Lack of rehabilitation
If any of these things have happened to you, you may be able to claim compensation for ‘clinical negligence'.
What counts as a hip injury?
There's more than one type of hip injury, but they can all lead to pain and distress, and give rise to a compensation claim. These are some of the most common types of hip injury we can help with:
- Fractured Pelvis: Mainly caused by slips, trips and falls, a fractured pelvis is a very serious injury
- Dislocated Hip: This serious injury is most common in car crashes and other road accidents, and often involves surgery and a stay in hospital
- Muscle or Ligament Tears: These can also be caused by slips, trips and falls, and take weeks or even months to recover from
- Hip Bursitis: The bursa is a bag of fluid that sits between the pelvis and the leg. If an accident makes this inflamed, it can become too painful to walk
This is just a short list though, so you have suffered any other hip injury that wasn't your fault, feel free to talk to our friendly advisors about claiming compensation.
What can I claim for?
Where you have received a hip injury and someone else was to blame, you might be entitled to claim compensation for a variety of things, including:
- Loss of earnings
- Pain and suffering
- Travel costs
- Mobility equipment
- Necessary changes to your home
Hip injuries can have a massive effect on your day-to-day life, and lead to other health issues such as back pain and knee problems. So if you have sustained a hip injury that was someone else's fault, you owe it to yourself to claim rightful compensation.
Who's to blame for my hip injury?
Hip injuries have many causes: from falling off unsafe ladders to tripping over faulty paving, and from cycling accidents to car crashes. The list also includes:
- Workplace injuries: caused by high falls or slips and trips
- Clinical negligence: through mistakes in hip replacement surgery
- Sporting accidents: caused by reckless or illegal tackles
- Car accidents: whether you were a passenger, pedestrian or cyclist
So however you received a hip injury, if it wasn't your fault you may be entitled to claim compensation. Talk to one of our friendly advisors now on 0800 175 7900.
Our support centre
- Weekdays: 08:00 - 21:00
- Saturdays: 09:00 - 18:00
If you would like to speak to us about your existing claim, contact us on
More No Win No Fee claims help and support…
Are you ready to start your claim? Call us free on 0800 175 7900