Remember, Remember the Fifth of November

Fire is Dangerous! Stay Safe on Bonfire Night

Bonfire Night - It’s a night to spend time with family and friends, a night to eat traditional bonfire food and to remember to stay safe around fire.

The pretty colours of the flames and the loud crackling fireworks are awe inspiring to watch but you must remember that fire is dangerous and can cause very serious injuries.

Sparklers are fun to use but you should always wear fire resistant gloves when using them and make sure you are outside and not stood directly next to others. NEVER light a sparkler indoors. According to the Bonfire Night Safety website if three sparklers burn together, they’ll produce the same heat of a blowtorch used for joining metal.

Lighting fireworks is a very risky thing to do if you don’t know what you are doing. Fireworks should be lit and disposed of safely so as to avoid any unnecessary burn injuries. Once a firework is lit, NEVER go back to it as it could go off when you are close to it.

If you are lighting fireworks in your garden, be wary of your neighbours and the possibility of a firework flying into neighbouring gardens.

It is generally safer to go to an organised bonfire and firework display so you don’t put yourself or others at risk of injury. Outdoor events have to meet very strict safety rules and you should check that the organisers have insurance in case of any accidents which happen during the event.

Have fun and stay safe this Bonfire Night.

If you or a member of your family have been injured by fireworks through no fault of your own, expert personal injury lawyers at Claims Direct can help.

Call us for a free No Win No Fee consultation on freephone 0808 175 7900 or start an injury claim online and we will call you back at a time convenient to you.