Post-traumatic Stress Disorder
Everyone experiences stress. But post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD) is a severe emotional reaction to a traumatic experience, such as a life-threatening event. If you or a loved one are suffering from PTSD, you may be able to claim compensation.
What is post-traumatic stress disorder?
You can suffer from PTSD if you have been directly involved in a traumatic event, such as a car accident, or if you have witnessed a major incident, such as a natural disaster or terrorist attack.
In most cases the symptoms disappear in the days and the weeks following the event. But some people has such severe symptoms they find it difficult or impossible to lead a normal life.
Symptoms of post-traumatic stress disorder
Symptoms of PTSD include the following:
- Reliving the event / flashbacks / nightmares and bad memories
- Avoiding being in that situation again (eg avoiding car travel) and refusing to discuss the experience
- Difficulty in forming close relationships
- Irritability or being made angry easily
- Guilt (especially if someone else has died)
- Problems concentrating or sleeping
- Sweating and shaking
- Severe depression, anxiety disorders or phobias
- Chronic illness- headaches, stomach upsets, dizziness, chest pain and general aches and pains, together with a weakened immune system.
Claims Direct can help
If you or a loved one are suffering from PTSD Claims Direct can help. We will ensure your case is handled sensitively and by an expert. It is also vital you get rehabilitation and we will also support you through this process. We will ensure you get the treatment you need and put you in touch with support groups.
Call Claims Direct now, free on 0800 884 0279 for a free first discussion about your post traumatic stress disorder claim. You can speak to a trained representative, or leave your details on our online web form and we'll call you right back.SHARE THIS