Electric shock might lead to compensation claimA compensation claim may result from an incident that saw a man given an electric shock while working at a play area.
The un-named male was hurt when securing fencing at Shaw Ridge Play Park for Swindon Commercial Services.
After a metal road pin the man was hitting into the ground to support the temporary structure struck a high-voltage electric cable positioned underground, the man suffered burns to both his chest and head.
Health and Safety Executive (HSE) inspector Stephen Axt-Simmonds noted the accident could have been avoided had the correct measures been implemented.
Mr Axt-Simmonds said the company should have "provided the right equipment to ensure that they knew the location of any underground utility services before allowing workers to penetrate the ground with metal equipment".
According to an investigation carried out by the HSE, Swindon Commercial Services failed to carry out a risk assessment suitable for the work at hand.
Posted by Chris Stevenson
03/07/2012 16:59SHARE THIS