Personal Injury News Archive
According to the Manchester Evening News, Steven Phythian died at the age of 57 earlier this month from pleural mesothelioma and an inquest into his death has heard he was exposed to asbestos in the 1960s.
The anonymous professional sustained a broken eye socket, multiple hairline fractures to his skull and bruising to his head and back during an incident while he was working for MB Air Systems in Peterlee in December 2010.
The unnamed 28-year-old man suffered a broken right arm and soft tissue damage to his wrist when the limb got stuck in a conveyor belt at premises owned by Hawkeswood Metal Recycling in Birmingham in April 2010.
The unnamed 53-year-old professional was injured when she fell over the protruding leg and her damages settlement forms part of the total damages worth almost £1 million granted to staff at Rotherham Borough Council over the last five years.
During an investigation by the Health and Safety Executive (HSE), Mark David Austin was found to have pretended to be listed on the Gas Safe Register when carrying out work on a house in Stoke-on-Trent in July 2010.
Keith Buckley required numerous skin grafts after suffered severe burns to his right leg and hand when he fell into a furnace at premises owned by Meridian Lightweight Technologies in Nottinghamshire last May.
In a decision handed down at the Court of Appeal today (July 26th), Lord Chief Justice Lord Judge confirmed that sums granted in such cases will rise by ten per cent as of April 1st 2013, the Independent reports.
According to the Blackpool Gazette, Anne Hunt is among a group of 17 passengers who were hurt when the MV Athena vessel was hit by two hurricanes during a voyage in North America in September 2006.
Andrew Weir Shipping and All Leisure Holidays had arranged for the Hebridean Princess ship to be refurbished in order to reduce the amount of combustible material on it after the latter purchased the vessel in April 2009.
John Mason was informed he had the fatal asbestos-related illness in February and has decided to take legal action in an attempt to secure damages prior to his death, the Chronicle reports.
Thomasz Hac suffered severe crush injuries to his abdominal area, as well as four broken ribs and a fractured shoulder, when he was crushed in a machine at Ward Recycling depot in Ilkeston in June 2009.
Rory Stamper severed the digit on a log splitter while working at premises owned by Cedardale in Hartley Wintney, Hampshire, in September last year.
Pensioner Colin Wingate was left wheelchair-bound for around three months when an explosion blew out a manhole cover he was standing near as he spoke to friends on the street in Harrow last August, the London Evening Standard reports.
According to the Daily Gazette, 69-year-old Mick Dempsey is taking legal action against Essex County Council on the grounds he needed full reconstructive surgery on the joint after this incident in Colchester in September 2009.
The pair were hurt during an incident while investigating a leak from a roof at Barlow Moor High School in Didsbury, Manchester, in September last year and principal contractor Cruden Construction may therefore face legal action from the pair.
That is according to figures published by the Sheffield Star, which revealed that the local authority has distributed in excess of £700,000 to former employees who have taken legal action against it after being exposed to the potentially-lethal substance.
Fiona Dickie took legal action on the basis that she now feels pain when wearing high heels after her car was hit by another vehicle attempting to undertake her in Edinburgh in April 2009.
The anonymous professional had to have part of his index finger amputated when his left hand became caught in the moving parts of a machine at premises owned by the Tame Valley Padding Company in Farnworth, Greater Manchester, in May last year.
An investigation conducted by the Health and Safety Executive (HSE) found that the premises of Keighley-based firm Keylighting was in an "appalling" state, with employees being exposed to defective electrics and dangerous fumes.
According to the Daily Post, Jean Christie-Davies is taking legal action against Hadley Transport on the basis that her husband William Gerald Davies was exposed to the lethal substance during his time working for the firm.