Personal Injury News Archive
According to the News & Star, Maureen Whittaker died from mesothelioma at the age of 58 in November last year - but her family remain unaware of where she would have come into contact with asbestos.
Wayne Marshall was employed to carry out repairs on a joint chimney at a property in the Seven Sisters district of London in March 2010 but mistakenly left rubble in the structure.
Martin Brown was working for Alan Crow Amusements at a May Bank Holiday fair in Barnard Castel, Yorkshire, in 2010 when he was thrown from the company's Crazy Frog Ride as he attempted to balance it for customers.
According to figures published by The Argus, medical professionals working at institutions managed by the Western Sussex Hospitals NHS Trust - which employs 6,000 people - have been involved in around 500 incidents during this time.
That is according to Ruth Coombs, manager for influence and change at mental health charity Mind Cymru, who believes that talking about problems such as anxiety relating to a job is an essential way of dealing with the issue.
That is if comments made by Peter Harrison, chairman of the Gosforth Road Cycling Club, are anything to go by, as he has told the Evening Chronicle that urgent action is needed to make Haddricksmill Road in Newcastle fit for purpose.
Ian Murray and David Alston Junior were both hurt while working for Nether Dysart Farms in Scotland in May 2010 as they operated a telescopic handler.
Derek Offord was injured while carrying out his duties as an equipment operator at premises owned by coating and treatment firm Tecvac in Cambridgeshire in July last year.
Posted by Francesca Witney
Duncan Frere was found to have completed defective work after being hired to install and connect several gas appliances at the Super Kebab House in Ipswich over the summer of 2010.
That is if findings of new research conducted by Nuffield Health are anything to go by, as this study has established that mental anxiety is a growing problem among professionals in the UK.
The unnamed 25-year-old severed two fingers when his right hand came into contact with a heavy duty steel blade as he cleaned a drain on a production line at premises owned by Bumble Hole Foods in Fockbury in August 2010.
That is the warning of Michael Grieve, a candidate at the upcoming Scottish Borders Council (SBC) elections, who believes something needs to be done to prevent this issue among staff members at the body from growing further.
Posted by Emily Swanson
According to new official statistics, 75 people died of the asbestos-related illness mesothelioma in South Tyneside in the five years between 2005 and 2010, the Shields Gazette reports.
According to the St Helens Star, Leah Frederick was seriously injured when she fell a distance of around eight feet through the floor of a fast food outlet in St Helens town centre following a night out.
Birmingham City Council has settled 274 separate damages claims with members of staff over the course of the last five years, figures obtained in a freedom of information request by the Birmingham Mail have revealed.
Leigh Lumsden has taken legal action against professional Kim McNally after alleging she was left with a burned scalp and ginger hair after undergoing treatment in June 2010.
The unnamed female suffered several fractures, as well as cuts and swelling to her head, when she was hit by a piece of machinery as she waited for a bus on York road in London in September 2008.
That is according to new research conducted by security vendor GFI Software, which found that some 69 per cent of all such professionals had considered changing their line of work because of the pressure they are under, IT Pro reports.