Personal Injury News Archive
According to the Leicester Mercury, the youngster was hurt when hot baked beans were spilled on her in the canteen at a school in Leicestershire and a damages claim has now been made against the local authority.
Robert Cuzick had the middle finger on his left hand severed at the knuckle when his hand came into contact with the moving parts of a tube bending machine at a factory owned by Hydrapower Dynamics - a company formed in 1983 - in Birmingham in January 2011.
Melvin Unwin passed away due to mesothelioma in 2009 just three months after being diagnosed with the condition and his daughter Julie is now determined to sue for damages on his behalf, according to Journal Live.
Claire Heywood has been granted a five-figure damages sum from the Pennine Acute NHS Trust after she was mistreated at the Royal Oldham Hospital in April 2007, the Manchester Evening News reports.
According to the latest European Opinion Poll on Occupational Safety and Health, 80 per cent of all employees on the continent believe more people will be affected by mental anxiety by 2017.
According to the Telegraph & Argus, this five-figure settlement has been granted to Francis Ancliffe, who landed feet first after falling from a mill roof while working in 2008 and shattered both his heels.
According to the Derby Telegraph, a coroner's report has confirmed that Ronald Creed - who died at the age of 88 in December last year - perished due to bronchial pneumonia, which was brought about by mesothelioma.
The unnamed 44-year-old was injured when he fell a distance of around 2.5 metres from the top of a chemical storage tank onto a metal girder at a plant owned by Hutchinson Technical Services in Widnes in May 2010.
James McKay's arm was crushed in a hydraulic press while he was operating the machine at premises owned by his employer Helmet Integration Systems - which was established in 1924 - in Stranraer in November 2007.
Grzegorz Waluszkowski fractured his skull, jaw and cheekbones in the accident at work while he was laying a drainage pipe.
Sarah Douglas is suing Edenside Riding School for £20,000 as a result of the pain she suffered through her injuries, which occurred when her horse bolted while she changed her ill-fitting helmet, Deadline Now reports.
The 15-year-old sustained injuries to his ankle and foot after a stack of timber boards fell down on him and, as a result of the seriousness of the ailment, the damage could be permanent.
The 23-year-old man's right hand was badly crushed in a power press while he was working for components manufacturer Ricor - a firm with more than 40 years' experience in the industry - in Studley in July 2011.
The unnamed 23-year-old - who had been training as a mechanic for 18 months at the time - was seriously injured in March 2009 as he burned rubbish in an old oil drum at premises owned by Swadlincote Diesel Fuel Injection Services in Derbyshire.
The unnamed 27-year-old fell a distance of around five metres to the floor when she went through a rooflight on the top of a warehouse owned by Provimi - a firm with around 7,000 employees globally - in Lichfield in April last year.
According to the Eastbourne Herald, Neville Beck died from malignant mesothelioma at the age of 71 in April 2009 and his wife Susan believes this illness was caused by his regular contact with asbestos at work.
Emma Hughes-Davies - a 28-year-old teacher - and her three-year-old son Gruff were crushed by a falling branch while they visited the Manor House Wildlife Park in Tenby, Wales, in August 2010.
That is according to new figures from trade union Unison - a body with more than 1.3 million members - which have revealed that mental anxiety is becoming a more prominent issue among people working for the health service.
James Hill was working for Metal Closures Huddersfield - an independent manufacturer of tin and aluminium packaging components - in August 2010 when his hand came into contact with the moving parts of a power press.
That is the opinion of Ben Hicks of the Institute of Employment Studies, who has told the Guardian it is essential for bosses in such positions of authority to be mindful of the likelihood their members of staff may struggle with mental anxiety.