Personal Injury News Archive
Frederick Vincent has been awarded this damages sum after a case heard at the High Court in Bristol ruled he had been regularly exposed to asbestos throughout his 30-year career as an engineer for British Telecommunications, Paignton People reports.
The unnamed eight-year-old sustained a severe liver injury as well as abdominal bleeding and had to stay in hospital for more than a week after an incident in Paisley - a town located around ten miles from Glasgow - in April 2009.
According to the Leicester Mercury, Gweneth Bowler suffered fractures to her right hip and shoulder when she slipped on a wet floor at the Highcross shopping centre - which opened in September 2008 - in January this year.
According to the Yorkshire Post, Chris Heleine required hospital treatment after his feet became sore and blistered when he wore his new Sperry Top-Sider shoes by manufacturer Collective Brands - a firm established four years ago - in April 2009.
The unnamed employee suffered a fractured elbow and a damaged foot when he fell a distance of around four metres while working for Neales Waste Management - a firm established in 1991 - in Blackburn last September.
Councillor John Campbell, deputy to Lord Mayor Dr Sylvia Dunkley of Sheffield, has decided to take legal action against the organisers of the Lowedges Festival after a chair collapsed under him at the event in August this year.
Michael O'Donovan was seriously injured while working on the construction of Arsenal Football Club's Emirates Stadium - a ground they moved to from Highbury in 2006 - under the stewardship of principal contractor Sir Robert McAlpine.
According to the BBC, 83-year-old Joyce Hardingham was hurt at Wythenshawe Hospital - an institution managed by the University Hospital of South Manchester NHS Trust - when she visited to have the battery on her pacemaker swapped.
The unnamed 21-year-old suffered these injuries when his hand came into contact with an industrial saw at premises owned by the Adelaide Engineering Company in the Greater Manchester area of Heywood in October last year.
According to the Scarborough Evening News, the 17-year-old sustained serious burns to three of her fingers after coming into contact with a commercial rotary iron at the Downcliffe House Hotel in Filey in May this year.
Leslaw Chorazak sustained serious crush injuries to his body, arm and collarbone when a lorry reversed and trapped him against a wall at premises owned by KBC Logistics in Essex in May this year.
According to a study conducted by Canada Life Group Insurance, nearly half of all workers across the UK - 47 per cent - now feel under greater mental pressure in their jobs than they did at the corresponding period last year.
The unnamed male suffered crush and skin injuries to his index and middle fingers on his right hand when it got trapped in a dough moulder as he worked at Belinda's Bakery in Hampshire in November last year.
The anonymous 36-year-old sustained a shattered heel and ankle and had to spend 15 days in hospital when he fell from a pallet attached to the fork of a tractor he was using to install cladding on a farm in Billingham in August last year.
The unnamed 68-year-old suffered fractures to his knee, ankle, ribs and foot when he fell a distance of around five metres onto a concrete patio while working for Blackpool-based firm Direct Window - which employs more than 100 people.
That is according to Carole Spiers, chief executive of the Carole Spiers Group, who believes it is vital for companies to look after their workforce if they want to flourish in such difficult economic times.
According to the Hull Daily Mail, Jean Stephenson is taking legal action against Hull City Council - which is led by councillor Steve Brady - after tripping over on an uneven pavement near her home in the urban area last month.
Doctors at Stafford Hospital - an institution managed by the Mid Staffordshire NHS Foundation Trust - failed to remove an endotracheal tube used to help Owen Thomas breathe during his delivery in February 2007.
According to the Scotsman, Lesley McGlinchey is pursuing damages of £85,300 from automotive giant General Motors - a firm based in the US with more than 200,000 employees worldwide - after an incident in Edinburgh in August 2007.
Professor Dame Sally Davies, chief medical officer for England, has highlighted this statistic at the beginning of Carbon Monoxide Awareness Week - which got underway yesterday (November 21st) - and insisted people need to be more vigilant than ever as winter approaches.