Personal Injury News Archive
Children as young as four have been awarded damages after suffering injuries while in school, the Lincolnshire Echo reported.
Lothian Buses revealed to the Evening News that it had awarded the sum over the past three years to its passengers, with 160 of the claims being for people who had become stuck in the doors.
The substance is a common ingredient in an antipsychotic drug and is known to cause allergic contact dermatitis, which causes skin to be red, inflamed and blistered on areas such as the hands and the face, according to the NHS.
According to news source This is Nottingham, Robert Pattison, who is 78 years old, sustained a ruptured bicep tendon as he attempted to cling on to the safety rails on a vehicle run by Nottingham City Transport (NCT) on Eastcote Avenue on Christmas Eve in 2007.
Mark Barnes, who is now 23 years old, sustained an injury to his head and left shoulder while taking part in an activity called "objects in the dark" at his local scouts group nearly ten years ago, the Press Association reports.
According to the Shields Gazette, the Ministry of Justice has made a decision to award damages to the loved ones of employees who passed away in South Tyneside due to pleural plaques, an illness which affects the respiratory system and is brought on by exposure to asbestos.
According to the Daily Echo, a male, who is 33 years old, suffered the condition - which involves the damage of tendons in the neck - when a collision occurred between a Ford Transit van, a black Volkswagen Beetle and a blue Ford Focus last Tuesday (December 14th 2010).
According to the Plymouth Herald, James Brand and his pregnant wife were injured when reckless driver Damian Pritchard overtook both a lorry and a bus and ploughed into them head-on while travelling on the A379 road in February of this year.
According to the Hucknall Dispatch, a water leak has been spilling on to a street in the town of Hucknall for around two years now, meaning that it creates a health hazard during the winter as the escaping fluid freezes to form what one resident describes as a "deadly ice skating rink".
According to the Darlington and Stockton Times, Robert Ballard, who is 57 years old, hurt himself as he fled a fire alarm at the Catterick Garrison branch of Tesco - a chain with more than 2,000 stores nationwide - along with fellow shoppers and slipped on ice on the shop's car park.
According to online news source The Courier, both Fife Council and Stagecoach, the organisations which run the Ferrytoll station, located near Inverkeithing, are helping the police with their enquiries as to how this mysterious incident occurred last Tuesday (December 14th 2010).
According to the West Midlands Ambulance Service, the child, who is one years old, is in a stable but serious condition at the Birmingham Children's Hospital following the collision, which occurred near the town of Ludlow on Wednesday (December 15th 2010), the BBC reports.
The trio were taken to hospital after a gas tank exploded at Pullman Fleet service station in Gloucester on Thursday (December 16th 2010), causing one of them injuries described by a spokesman for Gloucestershire police as "life changing".
According to the Birmingham Mail, the workers were victim to the world's biggest outbreak of occupational asthma at the factory due to them being exposed to metal fluids that caused them severe breathing difficulties.
Some 408 people across the UK are set to receive damages of £1,800 each after they suffered various skin complaints because of the presence of dimethyl fumarate in furniture that was manufactured in China before being sold by retailers such as Land of Leather and Argos.
Mark Amass, who is 41 years old, fell through a skylight while working for James Thompson Carpentry and Building, a firm based in East London, on a flat in December 2006.
According to the Blackpool Gazette, the man, who is 65 years old, suffered severe burns to his legs and chest after a blaze broke out at his home on High Street in Blackpool on Monday (December 13th 2010).
That is if one report published by STV is anything to go by, as the news source has revealed that NHS Lothian has witnessed a 300 per cent increase in the number of hospital admissions because of ailments such as broken bones sustained due to falls occurring in the ongoing icy conditions.
According to the London Evening Standard, 15-month-old Melissa Mevlit was seriously ill during her stay at a four-star hotel resort in Morocco after she had her health affected by the Salmonella bug - which has an incubation period of between 12 and 36 hours and can be fatal to young children - in September of this year.
According to The Sun, 164 people are seeking damages of £1,800 each after the Ministry of Justice admitted that kitchen staff at the institution - which, with a capacity of 1665 prisoners is the largest jail in the UK - had caused the inmates "pain, suffering and loss of amenity" by serving egg and cress rolls infected with salmonella.