Skip to content

Call freephone 0800 884 0321



Gas engineer to face compensation claim?

news image A gas engineer could face personal injury compensation claims from a family of five affected by carbon monoxide poisoning.

The unnamed family - which consists of two adults and three children - and their housekeeper had to be taken to hospital after displaying symptoms of the illness at their home in Little Aston, Staffordshire, in January last year.

They all suffered from vomiting and severe headaches and two of the group lost consciousness, leading to them requiring oxygen from paramedics at the scene.

An investigation conducted by the Health and Safety Executive (HSE) established that gas engineer Graham Slater - who carried out checks at the property in February 2009 and July 2010 - was not fully qualified to conduct such work.

Despite the fact Mr Slater is listed on the Gas Safe Register, he is not legally entitled to work with warm air heaters.

Wai-Kin Liu, inspector for the HSE, commented: "Every year, around 20 people die from carbon monoxide poisoning."

Posted by Emily Swanson ADNFCR-1500-ID-801319934-ADNFCR

16/03/2012 16:20

Have a question? Chat online now! Start Your Injury Claim Now Start Your Injury Claim Now

Or Call freephone 0800 884 0321

SHARE THIS


 
0800 884 0321