How to make a No Win, No Fee compensation claim
The process of starting work on your claim begins as soon as you make contact.
Most of Claims Direct’s work is conducted by phone and email, meaning that you rarely have to take time-consuming trips to a lawyer’s office. Our No Win, No Fee solicitors will complete most of the paperwork for you, though we do ask you to check and sign claim forms once we have filled out the boxes on your behalf.
When you contact us, we will need to know:
- Your personal details, including contact details so that we can keep you fully informed about the progress of your claim
- The date your accident occurred / the date when you first showed symptoms of an illness
- The location of the accident and a brief account of what happened
- Any GP or hospital notes relating to the injuries you sustained
- Details of police reports relating to the accident
- Relevant details about the person or organisation you believe was responsible for your accident (name, address, insurance company)
Once we have your details, we will
- Assess your eligibility for compensation and duly appoint an expert solicitor where appropriate.
- Arrange an independent medical report to see how well you are recovering.
- Assess whether you need any more medical help – and, if needed, arrange it immediately.
- Advise you, whenever possible, of how long your claim will take and how much compensation you might receive.
- Make you aware of ‘after-the-event insurance’ to help you cover your opponent’s costs should you lose your case.
- Let our solicitor negotiate compensation on your behalf – regularly updating you about the progress of your claim.
The final stage of the process is when you receive a cheque compensating you for your injuries – more than 95% of cases are settled before going to court.
Start your claim with Claims Direct or call us now for free on 0800 884 0279