Leisure centre fined after child drowns

Michelle Gellard, 7, went swimming after attending a judo competition in the area, but something went wrong.


Tour operators compensate guests for food poisoning

First Choice yesterday agreed to a £1.9 million settlement brought by more than 400 vacationers who stayed at the Bahia Principe resort in the Dominican Republic in 2007.


HSE issues warning after child is seen on scaffolding

The Health and Safety Executive (HSE) issued this warning after a boy was photographed spending time with his dad, who was carrying out repairs six metres off the ground on a hous…


Cambridgeshire council counts cost of potholes

A Freedom of Information request has shown the authority spent £1,472,550 to repair damaged roads but has paid out £1,655,489 to compensate drivers for injuries and mechanics bill…


Employee suffers serious injuries at recycling plant

The unnamed man from Nantyglo was operating a saw as he cut lengths of lead into smaller chunks at the Jamestown Industries plant in February 2012.