What time would you prefer us to contact you?
Please complete mandatory fields
A homeowner who was put in danger of contracting carbon monoxide poisoning could decide to seek personal injury compensation.
Norfolk-based heating engineer David Scent installed a gas boiler at a property in Dereham between August 2011 and May 2012, but the resident subsequently contacted the Gas Safe Register due to the fact he had concerns about the standard of the professional's work.
An inspector from the body then visited the home to investigate and established that the pipework and flue of the appliance had several "at risk" faults, meaning the man was potentially being exposed to lethal gas.
The Health and Safety Executive subsequently found that Mr Scent had carried out this work illegally as he was not listed on the Gas Safe Register.
In a case heard at Norwich Magistrates' Court, the man admitted breaching the Gas Safety (Installation and Use) Regulations 1998 and was fined £1,400 for his negligence.
Claims Direct is a trading style of Slater and Gordon (UK) LLP.
Slater and Gordon (UK) LLP is a limited liability partnership registered in England and Wales (OC371153).
The registered office is: 50-52 Chancery Lane, London WC2A 1HL.
Slater and Gordon (UK) LLP is authorised and regulated by the Solicitors Regulation Authority (SRA no 568143).
Authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA) for insurance mediation activity.
© 2016 Slater & Gordon (UK) LLP