What time would you prefer us to contact you?
Please complete mandatory fields
Tenants who were put in danger of contracting carbon monoxide poisoning may claim compensation from their negligent landlord.
During an investigation by the Health & Safety Executive (HSE), Mark David Austin was found to have pretended to be listed on the Gas Safe Register when carrying out work on a house in Stoke-on-Trent in July 2010.
Mr. Austin issued landlord's gas safety records with an identification number for the register prior to installing a gas hob and a boiler at the home, which was being prepared to be rented out.
The tenant who took a lease out on the house subsequently suspected the work done by Mr. Austin was faulty and analysis by an expert found he had left the gas works at risk of an explosion.
Janice Dale, inspector at the HSE said, "Poorly maintained, faulty or badly installed gas work can cause explosions or carbon monoxide poisoning, which can be fatal and can also cause serious long-term health problems."
Posted by Francesca Witney
Claims Direct is a trading style of Slater and Gordon (UK) LLP.
Slater and Gordon (UK) LLP is a limited liability partnership registered in England and Wales (OC371153).
The registered office is: 50-52 Chancery Lane, London WC2A 1HL.
Slater and Gordon (UK) LLP is authorised and regulated by the Solicitors Regulation Authority (SRA no 568143).
Authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA) for insurance mediation activity.
© 2016 Slater & Gordon (UK) LLP