What time would you prefer us to contact you?
Please complete mandatory fields
Forest of Dean resident Bryan Harris died at the age of 82 in April this year after being diagnosed with Pulmonary Asbestosis in 2006; the Gloucestershire Citizen reported.
The Inquest into his death heard that he was regularly exposed to Asbestos at work during his time as a steel worker at various locations; including Rank Xerox in Mitcheldean and the Gloucester Railway Carriage & Wagon company.
As a result, Mr Harris' clothes, hair and skin would get covered with Asbestos, inevitably leading to him breathing in Asbestos fibres. His family may now claim compensation for his Asbestos related illness.
David Dooley, Deputy Coroner in Gloucestershire reported that Mr. Harris said before his death that he was never told about the hazards of working with Asbestos.
The Deputy Coroner went on to say, "Employees at that time were not aware that Asbestos was dangerous. All they knew was that it was a very effective fire retardant."
Posted by Emily Swanson
Claims Direct is a trading style of Slater and Gordon (UK) LLP.
Slater and Gordon (UK) LLP is a limited liability partnership registered in England and Wales (OC371153).
The registered office is: 50-52 Chancery Lane, London WC2A 1HL.
Slater and Gordon (UK) LLP is authorised and regulated by the Solicitors Regulation Authority (SRA no 568143).
Authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA) for insurance mediation activity.
© 2016 Slater & Gordon (UK) LLP