Steel worker died from working with Asbestos

Family to seek asbestos damages 2673

Forest of Dean resident Bryan Harris died at the age of 82 in April this year after being diagnosed with Pulmonary Asbestosis in 2006; the Gloucestershire Citizen reported. 

The Inquest into his death heard that he was regularly exposed to Asbestos at work during his time as a steel worker at various locations; including Rank Xerox in Mitcheldean and the Gloucester Railway Carriage & Wagon company.

As a result, Mr Harris' clothes, hair and skin would get covered with Asbestos, inevitably leading to him breathing in Asbestos fibres. His family may now claim compensation for his Asbestos related illness.

David Dooley, Deputy Coroner in Gloucestershire reported that Mr. Harris said before his death that he was never told about the hazards of working with Asbestos.

The Deputy Coroner went on to say, "Employees at that time were not aware that Asbestos was dangerous. All they knew was that it was a very effective fire retardant."

Posted by Emily SwansonADNFCR-1500-ID-801407269-ADNFCR

13/07/2012 16:29