What time would you prefer us to contact you?
Please complete mandatory fields
A workman who was electrocuted while working at a play area, may be entitled to get compensation for the accident. The un-named man was hurt by an electric shock when securing fencing at Shaw Ridge Play Park for Swindon Commercial Services.
After a metal road pin the man was hitting into the ground to support the temporary structure struck a high-voltage electric cable positioned underground, the man suffered burn injuries to both his chest and head.
Health and Safety Executive (HSE) inspector Stephen Axt-Simmonds noted the accident could have been avoided had the correct measures been implemented.
Mr Axt-Simmonds said the company should have "provided the right equipment to ensure that they knew the location of any underground utility services before allowing workers to penetrate the ground with metal equipment".
According to an investigation carried out by the HSE, Swindon Commercial Services failed to carry out a risk assessment suitable for the work at hand.
Claims Direct is a trading style of Slater and Gordon (UK) LLP.
Slater and Gordon (UK) LLP is a limited liability partnership registered in England and Wales (OC371153).
The registered office is: 50-52 Chancery Lane, London WC2A 1HL.
Slater and Gordon (UK) LLP is authorised and regulated by the Solicitors Regulation Authority (SRA no 568143).
Authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA) for insurance mediation activity.
© 2016 Slater & Gordon (UK) LLP