What time would you prefer us to contact you?
Please complete mandatory fields
An investigation conducted by the Health & Safety Executive (HSE) found that the premises of Keighley-based firm Keylighting was in an "appalling" state, with employees being exposed to defective electrics and dangerous fumes.
Concerns about the workplace were first raised when a routine hygiene inspection in December 2010, the temperature in the building was found to be far too low, while the toilets were also inadequate and dirty.
This led to several improvement notices being served to Keylighting, while issues with the company's power circuits were also uncovered by the HSE.
However, the firm failed to heed any of these warnings and, as such, the HSE took legal action against it in a case heard at Bradford Magistrates' Court.
HSE inspector Morag Irwin said, "This was, without doubt, the worst workplace I have ever inspected in more than ten years with HSE."
Posted by Emily Swanson
Claims Direct is a trading style of Slater and Gordon (UK) LLP.
Slater and Gordon (UK) LLP is a limited liability partnership registered in England and Wales (OC371153).
The registered office is: 50-52 Chancery Lane, London WC2A 1HL.
Slater and Gordon (UK) LLP is authorised and regulated by the Solicitors Regulation Authority (SRA no 568143).
Authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA) for insurance mediation activity.
© 2016 Slater & Gordon (UK) LLP