What time would you prefer us to contact you?
Please complete mandatory fields
Scott and Leanne Beasant took legal action against tour operator Cosmos Holidays after their stay at the Summer Island Village Hotel in the Indian Ocean islands in November 2008 resulted in them both contracting severe food poisoning.
Mr Beasant was diagnosed with salmonella upon returning to the UK after losing 21 lbs in just five days due to the extent of his symptoms, while his wife needed three months off work as her diarrhoea, abdominal cramps and sickness remained.
As a result of their illness, the couple had to put back their scheduled IVF treatment and Mr Beasant claims it also reduced his chances of making the grade as a professional rugby league player.
He told the South Wales Argus: "We were both absolutely terrified as to what was happening to us."
Posted by Emily Swanson
Claims Direct is a trading style of Slater and Gordon (UK) LLP.
Slater and Gordon (UK) LLP is a limited liability partnership registered in England and Wales (OC371153).
The registered office is: 50-52 Chancery Lane, London WC2A 1HL.
Slater and Gordon (UK) LLP is authorised and regulated by the Solicitors Regulation Authority (SRA no 568143).
Authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA) for insurance mediation activity.
© 2016 Slater & Gordon (UK) LLP