What time would you prefer us to contact you?
Please complete mandatory fields
Compensation of £1,750 has been awarded to a little boy who was electrocuted during an accident at a leisure centre.
Harley Sutton-Dormer, who is now five-years-old, was hurt when a faulty hairdryer sent a bolt of electricity through his body after he had been swimming with his mother Danielle Sutton in 2010, the Thurrock Gazette reports.
The incident, which took place at the Belhus Park Leisure Centre in South Ockendon, occurred when the child picked up the appliance in the changing rooms and left him with singed clothing and a burn mark on his side.
Ms Sutton subsequently took legal action against Impulse - owners of the centre - and a case heard at Basildon Magistrates' Court has ruled her son is entitled to £1,750 in damages for his ordeal.
The 27-year-old told the news source that Harvey had nightmares after the accident and refused to go swimming again for around six months afterwards.
Paramedics at the scene told her that a more serious injury was prevented by the fact the boy was wearing plastic Croc footwear at the time.
Claims Direct is a trading style of Slater and Gordon (UK) LLP.
Slater and Gordon (UK) LLP is a limited liability partnership registered in England and Wales (OC371153).
The registered office is: 50-52 Chancery Lane, London WC2A 1HL.
Slater and Gordon (UK) LLP is authorised and regulated by the Solicitors Regulation Authority (SRA no 568143).
Authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA) for insurance mediation activity.
© 2016 Slater & Gordon (UK) LLP