What time would you prefer us to contact you?
Please complete mandatory fields
The unnamed 29-year-old was hurt when he cut off the top of an unused propane gas tank at the home of boss in September 2011 and subsequently had to take three weeks off from his job.
The employee of Southampton-based firm Suffix Pre-cast had been asked by his manager Jamie Thomas Jewell to come to his house and carry out this work.
However, the disc cutter he was using to complete the task reacted with the flammable substance and resulted in him suffering burns to his torso, abdomen and left arm.
An investigation into the incident by the Health and Safety Executive found that the worker was not provided with sufficient advice and information to do this job safely and Mr Jewell subsequently admitted breaching the Health and Safety at Work Act 1974.
Claims Direct is a trading style of Slater and Gordon (UK) LLP.
Slater and Gordon (UK) LLP is a limited liability partnership registered in England and Wales (OC371153).
The registered office is: 50-52 Chancery Lane, London WC2A 1HL.
Slater and Gordon (UK) LLP is authorised and regulated by the Solicitors Regulation Authority (SRA no 568143).
Authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA) for insurance mediation activity.
© 2016 Slater & Gordon (UK) LLP