What time would you prefer us to contact you?
Please complete mandatory fields
According to the News & Star, Maureen Whittaker died from mesothelioma at the age of 58 in November last year - but her family remain unaware of where she would have come into contact with asbestos.
It is thought Ms Whittaker may have been exposed to the lethal substance during her time working on a production line at Robinson Willey Gas Fires in Liverpool.
Consequently, her widower Peter Whittaker has appealed for any of her former colleagues to come forward if they have any information regarding whether or not this is the case.
Mr Whittaker told the news source his wife - who also operated as a hospital catering assistant during her career - had been "a lively, fun loving person".
"It was heartbreaking to see her robbed of her independence. Our family has been devastated by her death," he added.
Posted by Francesca Witney
Claims Direct is a trading style of Slater and Gordon (UK) LLP.
Slater and Gordon (UK) LLP is a limited liability partnership registered in England and Wales (OC371153).
The registered office is: 50-52 Chancery Lane, London WC2A 1HL.
Slater and Gordon (UK) LLP is authorised and regulated by the Solicitors Regulation Authority (SRA no 568143).
Authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA) for insurance mediation activity.
© 2016 Slater & Gordon (UK) LLP