What time would you prefer us to contact you?
Please complete mandatory fields
Derek Offord was injured while carrying out his duties as an equipment operator at premises owned by coating and treatment firm Tecvac in Cambridgeshire in July last year.
At the time of this incident, the 45-year-old was checking new cables on a hardening machine when he received a serious electric shock that left him with open wounds on his arm and hand, as well as burns on his knee.
Consequently, Mr Offord spent 12 days in hospital and was unable to return to work for four months.
The Health and Safety Executive (HSE) found Tecvac had failed to properly assess how employees could use this piece of machinery safely.
Alison Ashworth, HSE inspector, observed: "Work with or near electricity is dangerous. This incident could have been prevented if the company had identified the risk and acted to control it."
Posted by Emily Swanson
Claims Direct is a trading style of Slater and Gordon (UK) LLP.
Slater and Gordon (UK) LLP is a limited liability partnership registered in England and Wales (OC371153).
The registered office is: 50-52 Chancery Lane, London WC2A 1HL.
Slater and Gordon (UK) LLP is authorised and regulated by the Solicitors Regulation Authority (SRA no 568143).
Authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA) for insurance mediation activity.
© 2016 Slater & Gordon (UK) LLP