What time would you prefer us to contact you?
Please complete mandatory fields
Numerous members of staff at premises owned by Riviera Produce - a company formed in 1870 - were struggling with symptoms such as dizziness and nausea and an ambulance was subsequently called.
However, when they arrived at the place of work, the two crew members also fell ill, meaning all those affected had to be taken to hospital for treatment.
It is thought these health issues were caused by an escape of gas at the premises and a spokesman for the Cornwall Fire and Rescue Service commented: "The firefighters are currently investigating what they suspect to be a build-up or leak of carbon monoxide."
The reason for this leak is as yet unknown, but the 17 people affected may decide to pursue compensation for their ordeal.
Posted by Emily Swanson
Claims Direct is a trading style of Slater and Gordon (UK) LLP.
Slater and Gordon (UK) LLP is a limited liability partnership registered in England and Wales (OC371153).
The registered office is: 50-52 Chancery Lane, London WC2A 1HL.
Slater and Gordon (UK) LLP is authorised and regulated by the Solicitors Regulation Authority (SRA no 568143).
Authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA) for insurance mediation activity.
© 2016 Slater & Gordon (UK) LLP