What time would you prefer us to contact you?
Please complete mandatory fields
Brian Leek was severely scalded on his back while taking a shower at The Gouldings residential facility in Freshwater on the Isle of Wight in October 2009 and an investigation into this accident revealed that local council had failed to fit the equipment properly.
The 76-year-old was sitting on the hoist seat below a shower unit when extremely hot water sprayed onto him, causing 13 per cent burns.
Consequently, he had to undergo treatment at a specialist burns centre in Salisbury and now lives permanently in a care facility.
The Health and Safety Executive found that a thermostatic mixing valve had not been attached to the shower by the home - which is managed by Aileen Macauley - meaning the water temperature was not limited to a safe level.
Posted by Emily Swanson
Claims Direct is a trading style of Slater and Gordon (UK) LLP.
Slater and Gordon (UK) LLP is a limited liability partnership registered in England and Wales (OC371153).
The registered office is: 50-52 Chancery Lane, London WC2A 1HL.
Slater and Gordon (UK) LLP is authorised and regulated by the Solicitors Regulation Authority (SRA no 568143).
Authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA) for insurance mediation activity.
© 2016 Slater & Gordon (UK) LLP