What time would you prefer us to contact you?
Please complete mandatory fields
According to the Sunderland Echo, Ted Hall died in April last year just five months after being diagnosed with mesothelioma and his family have now been granted damages on his behalf.
It has been established that Mr Hall came into regular contact with the lethal substance during his time working as a joiner at the Hudson Dock and Pallion Yard on Wearside.
During the process of claiming compensation, the man's family found that he had not been warned about the hazards of working with asbestos, while his employer also failed to provide him with any protective equipment.
Patricia Hall, his wife, told the news source: "It was important to the family to make sure that someone took responsibility for his painful death."
This comes after the Western Telegraph reported that Philip Johnson died at the age of 60 due to mesothelioma after being exposed to asbestos in the 1970s.
Posted by Francesca Witney
Claims Direct is a trading style of Slater and Gordon (UK) LLP.
Slater and Gordon (UK) LLP is a limited liability partnership registered in England and Wales (OC371153).
The registered office is: 50-52 Chancery Lane, London WC2A 1HL.
Slater and Gordon (UK) LLP is authorised and regulated by the Solicitors Regulation Authority (SRA no 568143).
Authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA) for insurance mediation activity.
© 2016 Slater & Gordon (UK) LLP