What time would you prefer us to contact you?
Please complete mandatory fields
Christopher Johnson, trading as C&H Services, installed the appliance at a home in Dunstable in April 2010 despite not being registered on the Gas Safe list, meaning he had broken the law by carrying out this work.
The 45-year-old was called back to the house six months later as residents reported a banging sound coming from the equipment and, following his second visit, the boiler was declared "immediately dangerous" by its manufacturer.
An investigation established that Mr Johnson had used a flue that was incompatible with the boiler and had also damaged one of its seals, therefore putting the people living in the house at risk of contracting carbon monoxide poisoning.
This comes after Lee Hampshire, trading as LH Heating and Plumbing, was found to have installed a boiler at a home in Wales even though he is not on the Gas Safe register.
Posted by Francesca Witney
Claims Direct is a trading style of Slater and Gordon (UK) LLP.
Slater and Gordon (UK) LLP is a limited liability partnership registered in England and Wales (OC371153).
The registered office is: 50-52 Chancery Lane, London WC2A 1HL.
Slater and Gordon (UK) LLP is authorised and regulated by the Solicitors Regulation Authority (SRA no 568143).
Authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA) for insurance mediation activity.
© 2016 Slater & Gordon (UK) LLP