What time would you prefer us to contact you?
Please complete mandatory fields
According to the Manchester Evening News, Peter Collins took legal action against crisp manufacturer Walkers - which was established in the 19th century and is now a subsidiary of Pepsi Co - following the incident in January 2008.
Mr Collins swallowed the mould - which looked exactly like a crisp - while consuming a bag of the company's barbecue rib flavour snacks and his son had to squeeze his chest in order to clear his airway.
Doctors told the 53-year-old that chemicals from the rubber had got into his stomach and he subsequently needed medication for three months afterwards.
"It was a horrible feeling, the taste in my mouth was awful. I literally couldn't breathe and I don' mind admitting I started to panic," he told the news source.
Claims Direct is a trading style of Slater and Gordon (UK) LLP.
Slater and Gordon (UK) LLP is a limited liability partnership registered in England and Wales (OC371153).
The registered office is: 50-52 Chancery Lane, London WC2A 1HL.
Slater and Gordon (UK) LLP is authorised and regulated by the Solicitors Regulation Authority (SRA no 568143).
Authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA) for insurance mediation activity.
© 2016 Slater & Gordon (UK) LLP