What time would you prefer us to contact you?
Please complete mandatory fields
Lee Hampshire, trading as LH Heating and Plumbing, falsely claimed to be on the Gas Safe register prior to installing a new boiler at a domestic property in North Wales in August 2009.
An investigation conducted into this incident revealed he made numerous mistakes when conducting this work, including one that could be classed as "immediately dangerous" to the house's inhabitants.
During a case heard at Chester Crown Court, Mr Hampshire admitted breaching both the Health and Safety at Work Act 1974 and the Gas Safety (Installation and Use) Regulations 1998 and has now been sentenced to eight months in prison.
This comes after it emerged that several tenants of a home in Croydon may decide to seek damages from their landlord due to the fact they had to be treated for carbon monoxide poisoning.
Posted by Emily Swanson
Claims Direct is a trading style of Slater and Gordon (UK) LLP.
Slater and Gordon (UK) LLP is a limited liability partnership registered in England and Wales (OC371153).
The registered office is: 50-52 Chancery Lane, London WC2A 1HL.
Slater and Gordon (UK) LLP is authorised and regulated by the Solicitors Regulation Authority (SRA no 568143).
Authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA) for insurance mediation activity.
© 2016 Slater & Gordon (UK) LLP