What time would you prefer us to contact you?
Please complete mandatory fields
According to the Western Telegraph, Philip Johnson died at the age of 60 after contracting mesothelioma - a condition that affects the inner lining of the lungs - because he came into regular contact with the lethal substance in his line of work.
During an inquest in Milford Haven today (January 26th), Pembrokeshire coroner Mark Layton confirmed that Mr Johnson was exposed to asbestos during an assortment of positions he held in the late 1970s.
The man operated as a builder and for the Ministry of Defence on ships lined with asbestos lagging within a short space of time and was never provided with any safety guidance or protective equipment.
Recently, it emerged that eight of ten siblings in the King family in Hebden Bridge had been affected by pleural plaques after inhaling asbestos fibres from their father's work clothes.
Posted by Francesca Witney
Claims Direct is a trading name of Slater and Gordon UK Limited, a company registered in England & Wales with registration number 07931918, VAT 125 446 327, registered office 50/52 Chancery Lane, London WC2A 1HL and is an approved Alternative Business Structure authorised and regulated by the Solicitors Regulation Authority and authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority for insurance mediation activity.