What time would you prefer us to contact you?
Please complete mandatory fields
A family that suffered from a food poisoning stomach bug while on holiday in Spain, are one of the claimants taking legal action against First Choice.
According to the Sheffield Star, Hancock family members Nigel, Paula, Lauren and Max all fell ill during their all-inclusive stay at the Holiday Village Viva Picafort resort on the island of Mallorca.
The family are four of twenty people known to be claiming compensation for holiday food poisoning from First Choice due to the poor conditions at the resort. Their High Court writ stated that problems at the resort included undercooked food, unclean toilets and a swimming pool that was not properly maintained.
This document indicated that people at the resort suffered either gastrointestinal infections or irritable bowel syndrome because of the negligence of tour operator First Choice.
In another recent case, This is Staffordshire reported that Cynthia Drummond is claiming compensation from Thomson Holidays after she fell ill from food poisoning while on a cruise ship earlier this year.
Posted by Francesca Witney
Claims Direct is a trading style of Slater and Gordon (UK) LLP.
Slater and Gordon (UK) LLP is a limited liability partnership registered in England and Wales (OC371153).
The registered office is: 50-52 Chancery Lane, London WC2A 1HL.
Slater and Gordon (UK) LLP is authorised and regulated by the Solicitors Regulation Authority (SRA no 568143).
Authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA) for insurance mediation activity.
© 2016 Slater & Gordon (UK) LLP