What time would you prefer us to contact you?
Please complete mandatory fields
According to the Birmingham Mail, Desmond Groom suffered fractured ribs when he passed out after his employer - Burrowes Street Tenant Management Organisation, a body providing services for around 800 residents in the Walsall area - gave him a new cleaning solution that emitted toxic fumes.
The 44-year-old professional was instructed to clean fungus from a wall in one of the premises cared for by the organisation using the product, which he had not been trained on how to use safely.
He fell unconscious while climbing down from his stepladder and collided with a sink, causing him the injuries.
"I had no idea what I was using or how strong it was," Mr Groom told the news source.
Subsequently, the man sought damages from his former employer and has now been granted a sum of £3,000.
Posted by Francesca Witney
Claims Direct is a trading style of Slater and Gordon (UK) LLP.
Slater and Gordon (UK) LLP is a limited liability partnership registered in England and Wales (OC371153).
The registered office is: 50-52 Chancery Lane, London WC2A 1HL.
Slater and Gordon (UK) LLP is authorised and regulated by the Solicitors Regulation Authority (SRA no 568143).
Authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA) for insurance mediation activity.
© 2016 Slater & Gordon (UK) LLP