What time would you prefer us to contact you?
Please complete mandatory fields
Jim Nixon, his wife Anthea and their three children went to Turkey on vacation and the five of them became ill with severe gastric poisoning just two days after they arrived in August 2009.
Mr Nixon, speaking to the Blackpool Gazette, explained there were wild cats in the restaurant of the hotel eating off the plates.
"By the end of the holiday we had all been infected and my two other children, Jake, 14 and Rhys, nine, suffered from acute gastroenteritis for almost two months." he told the newspaper.
High Court proceedings have now been launched by the Nixons against holiday provider TUI UK Ltd, to whom they paid £2,500 for the break.
TUI - which employs almost 50,000 people - has over 30 million customers and claims to operate in over 180 countries all over the world.
Posted by Emily Swanson
Claims Direct is a trading style of Slater and Gordon (UK) LLP.
Slater and Gordon (UK) LLP is a limited liability partnership registered in England and Wales (OC371153).
The registered office is: 50-52 Chancery Lane, London WC2A 1HL.
Slater and Gordon (UK) LLP is authorised and regulated by the Solicitors Regulation Authority (SRA no 568143).
Authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA) for insurance mediation activity.
© 2016 Slater & Gordon (UK) LLP