What time would you prefer us to contact you?
Please complete mandatory fields
A case at Isleworth Crown Court heard that 72 people were affected by the illness - which has symptoms such as dehydration, sickness and diarrhoea - after consuming goods purchased at the Shahi Nan kebab shop in Shepherd's Bush, the Fulham & Hammersmith Chronicle reports.
Proprietor of the establishment, Mohammed Shafique, admitted breaking food hygiene regulations, meaning his negligence was the cause of these instances of illness.
The owner informed the court that he would "sniff uncooked chicken" to check whether it was safe to eat and was subsequently issued with a £10,000 fine for his poor practice.
Investigations found traces of salmonella in the fridge at the location, meaning Mr Shafique could face civil claims for damages settlements from people affected.
Posted by Helen Jones
Claims Direct is a trading style of Slater and Gordon (UK) LLP.
Slater and Gordon (UK) LLP is a limited liability partnership registered in England and Wales (OC371153).
The registered office is: 50-52 Chancery Lane, London WC2A 1HL.
Slater and Gordon (UK) LLP is authorised and regulated by the Solicitors Regulation Authority (SRA no 568143).
Authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA) for insurance mediation activity.
© 2016 Slater & Gordon (UK) LLP