What time would you prefer us to contact you?
Please complete mandatory fields
According to Newbury Today, approximately 70 young children had to be evacuated from Kintbury St Mary's Primary School due to the fact that a ceiling containing the potentially lethal substance was disturbed during a scientific experiment.
The news source explained that a chemical reaction in a classroom test damaged the surface and fibres of asbestos were subsequently released into the atmosphere at the educational institution.
Phil Spray, spokesman for the local education authority at West Berkshire Council - which is led by councillor Graham Jones - commented that levels of the substance were found to be "very, very low" by health and safety inspectors.
However, some 70 children, as well as members of staff at the school, were evacuated while the room where the explosion took place was sealed off.
Posted by Craig Williams
Claims Direct is a trading style of Slater and Gordon (UK) LLP.
Slater and Gordon (UK) LLP is a limited liability partnership registered in England and Wales (OC371153).
The registered office is: 50-52 Chancery Lane, London WC2A 1HL.
Slater and Gordon (UK) LLP is authorised and regulated by the Solicitors Regulation Authority (SRA no 568143).
Authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA) for insurance mediation activity.
© 2016 Slater & Gordon (UK) LLP