What time would you prefer us to contact you?
Please complete mandatory fields
Three residences in Wales had appliances and piping installed by a pair of fitters who are not listed on the Gas Safe Register, a body which was established in 2009 and is compulsory for all such professionals to be a member of if carrying out such duties.
Anthony Hughes and his employee Justin Owen conducted work that, in two of the three houses, resulted in gas leaks, meaning that the homeowners will have been exposed to the potentially lethal substance carbon monoxide.
Dave Wynne, inspector for the Health and Safety Executive, commented that the pair showed a "blatant disregard for the law" and committed "rudimentary" errors that "put people's lives at risk".
Mr Wynne went on to say they "clearly demonstrated a lack of competence in even the most basic of work".
Posted by Helen Jones
Claims Direct is a trading style of Slater and Gordon (UK) LLP.
Slater and Gordon (UK) LLP is a limited liability partnership registered in England and Wales (OC371153).
The registered office is: 50-52 Chancery Lane, London WC2A 1HL.
Slater and Gordon (UK) LLP is authorised and regulated by the Solicitors Regulation Authority (SRA no 568143).
Authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA) for insurance mediation activity.
© 2016 Slater & Gordon (UK) LLP