What time would you prefer us to contact you?
Please complete mandatory fields
Contractors working on the refurbishment of a nightclub in Wrexham were exposed to the potentially lethal substance - which can cause diseases such as asbestosis and mesothelioma - after being instructed by Michael Murton to remove a coating containing it from steel beams in the location.
These workers were subsequently in contact with asbestos regularly for a period of nearly two weeks and an investigation has revealed that Mr Murton had failed to conduct a proper inspection of the venue prior to beginning the work.
As a result, the employees involved may decide to sue on the grounds of his negligence.
Debbie John of the Health and Safety Executive commented: "Had Mr Murton surveyed the property for the presence of asbestos prior to the start of construction work, the sprayed coating would have been identified."
Claims Direct is a trading style of Slater and Gordon (UK) LLP.
Slater and Gordon (UK) LLP is a limited liability partnership registered in England and Wales (OC371153).
The registered office is: 50-52 Chancery Lane, London WC2A 1HL.
Slater and Gordon (UK) LLP is authorised and regulated by the Solicitors Regulation Authority (SRA no 568143).
Authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA) for insurance mediation activity.
© 2016 Slater & Gordon (UK) LLP