What time would you prefer us to contact you?
Please complete mandatory fields
Huddersfield Magistrates' Court has heard three members of staff from Newlincs Services in Grimsby were almost overcome by deadly carbon monoxide while on a job.
Richard McKearnen, Tony Deakin and Paul Wainwright - all from Sheffield - were on duty at a site in Huddersfield in November 2009.
Each of the men went through a three-stage decontamination unit, but began to feel nauseous and dizzy when carbon monoxide infiltrated the structure.
"Carbon monoxide can be a silent killer in the home and, as this case demonstrates, also in the workplace," explained the Health and Safety Executive's inspector David Stewart.
All of the staff could opt to press for compensation after suffering a potentially devastating incident at work.
Earlier this week, the Daily Mirror reported that asbestos inspections around the country are on the rise, with regulators aiming to cut the number of illnesses caused by the material.
Posted by Helen Jones
Claims Direct is a trading style of Slater and Gordon (UK) LLP.
Slater and Gordon (UK) LLP is a limited liability partnership registered in England and Wales (OC371153).
The registered office is: 50-52 Chancery Lane, London WC2A 1HL.
Slater and Gordon (UK) LLP is authorised and regulated by the Solicitors Regulation Authority (SRA no 568143).
Authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA) for insurance mediation activity.
© 2016 Slater & Gordon (UK) LLP