What time would you prefer us to contact you?
Please complete mandatory fields
High voltage cable jointer Stephen Martin Edwards, who is 52 years old, sustained his injuries after being electrocuted when working with equipment using 11,000 volts of power.
It has been found that the employee was given false information by the company he was working for - Powersystems UK, which was established in 1977 - regarding this machinery, as he was told to open the wrong connection box that was still live on the basis that it had been isolated and earthed.
Therefore, Mr Martin Edwards may opt to pursue damages for his ordeal from the organisation as it has accepted responsibility by admitting its negligence in this instance.
As a result of the accident at work, he was seriously burned on several areas of his body and has since been unable to return to his job.
Posted by Helen Jones
Claims Direct is a trading style of Slater and Gordon (UK) LLP.
Slater and Gordon (UK) LLP is a limited liability partnership registered in England and Wales (OC371153).
The registered office is: 50-52 Chancery Lane, London WC2A 1HL.
Slater and Gordon (UK) LLP is authorised and regulated by the Solicitors Regulation Authority (SRA no 568143).
Authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA) for insurance mediation activity.
© 2016 Slater & Gordon (UK) LLP