What time would you prefer us to contact you?
Please complete mandatory fields
Five individuals required hospital treatment for the illness after they called ambulance and fire crews to their home in Croydon in March 2009 due to the fact they were suffering symptoms such as dizziness, headaches and nausea.
All of the residents were taken to the Princess Royal Hospital immediately for professional medical attention, with three of the group then being transferred to Whipps Cross Hospital for hyperbaric treatment.
An investigation conducted by the Health and Safety Executive (HSE) established that landlord James Long was not in possession of a gas safety certificate, meaning all appliances had not been checked over by a qualified individual.
Matthew Raine, inspector at the HSE, observed: "This carbon monoxide poisoning could easily have been fatal."
Recent government figures revealed that 4,000 people go to A&E every year in the UK due to the effects of this illness.
Posted by Emily Swanson
Claims Direct is a trading style of Slater and Gordon (UK) LLP.
Slater and Gordon (UK) LLP is a limited liability partnership registered in England and Wales (OC371153).
The registered office is: 50-52 Chancery Lane, London WC2A 1HL.
Slater and Gordon (UK) LLP is authorised and regulated by the Solicitors Regulation Authority (SRA no 568143).
Authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA) for insurance mediation activity.
© 2016 Slater & Gordon (UK) LLP