What time would you prefer us to contact you?
Please complete mandatory fields
According to the Halifax Courier, Peter Duesbury died due to suspected malignant mesothelioma in April 2009 and, subsequently, his family are now trying to establish when he came into contact with asbestos.
The 72-year-old worked as a maintenance engineer at Halifax General Hospital and St James's Hospital in Leeds for ten years between 1965 and 1975 and his loved ones believe this may have been the time he was exposed to the substance.
However, they cannot be totally sure and have therefore launched an appeal for any former colleagues of the man to come forward to clarify the situation.
Charlene Duesbury, Peter's widow, told the news source: "To now know his work is what killed him is hard to bear. We are all devastated by his death and desperate to see justice done."
Recently, Frederick Vincent was granted a five-figure sum of damages after he was diagnosed with mesothelioma caused by his time working as a BT engineer.
Posted by Francesca Witney
Claims Direct is a trading style of Slater and Gordon (UK) LLP.
Slater and Gordon (UK) LLP is a limited liability partnership registered in England and Wales (OC371153).
The registered office is: 50-52 Chancery Lane, London WC2A 1HL.
Slater and Gordon (UK) LLP is authorised and regulated by the Solicitors Regulation Authority (SRA no 568143).
Authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA) for insurance mediation activity.
© 2016 Slater & Gordon (UK) LLP