What time would you prefer us to contact you?
Please complete mandatory fields
According to the News & Star, James McKenzie passed away at the age of 59 after being diagnosed with mesothelioma and a coroner's examination of his body confirmed this was caused by his exposure to asbestos dust.
Mr McKenzie worked as an apprentice for a building firm in Carlisle for three years between 1969 and 1972 and regularly came into contact with the lethal material while sheets of it were cut at the premises.
He fell ill in August 2010 and his condition deteriorated rapidly until he eventually died in December of that year.
John McKenzie, the man's son, commented: "We miss him terribly and to know that simple steps could have been taken to protect him is hard to bear."
Recently, the North West Evening Mail reported that Peter Wilson's family is also seeking damages after he passed away from mesothelioma in August this year.
Posted by Francesca Witney
Claims Direct is a trading style of Slater and Gordon (UK) LLP.
Slater and Gordon (UK) LLP is a limited liability partnership registered in England and Wales (OC371153).
The registered office is: 50-52 Chancery Lane, London WC2A 1HL.
Slater and Gordon (UK) LLP is authorised and regulated by the Solicitors Regulation Authority (SRA no 568143).
Authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA) for insurance mediation activity.
© 2016 Slater & Gordon (UK) LLP