What time would you prefer us to contact you?
Please complete mandatory fields
The unnamed family were put in danger by the negligence of local builder Nigel Parker - who was working on the construction of an extension at their home in Batley but is not on the Gas Safety Register - in September 2009.
A few months after this, the household boiler broke down and, when a professional visited to inspect the problem, several issues with the standard of Mr Parker's work were found and the boiler was immediately disconnected.
A subsequent investigation conducted by the Health and Safety Executive (HSE) found he has illegally modified the flue of the gas-combination equipment while also leaving a meter unsafely positioned.
Recently, it was revealed that the boiler at the Westlands Community Centre in Newcastle-under-Lyme had been leaking, meaning residents using the location could have been exposed to carbon monoxide.
Posted by Francesca Witney
Claims Direct is a trading style of Slater and Gordon (UK) LLP.
Slater and Gordon (UK) LLP is a limited liability partnership registered in England and Wales (OC371153).
The registered office is: 50-52 Chancery Lane, London WC2A 1HL.
Slater and Gordon (UK) LLP is authorised and regulated by the Solicitors Regulation Authority (SRA no 568143).
Authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA) for insurance mediation activity.
© 2016 Slater & Gordon (UK) LLP