What time would you prefer us to contact you?
Please complete mandatory fields
A handyman may be eligible to seek personal injury compensation claims after it emerged he was exposed to asbestos due to the negligence of a letting agent.
Rochefort Shugar regularly took on the self-employed professional from Cardiff to conduct maintenance on its properties and in October 2010, the unnamed man was asked to fix a leaking porch roof at a house in Sully.
However, as he was doing so, he came into contact with a piece of insulation board containing the potentially lethal substance and, due to the fact it broke while he operated, it is likely fibres were released into the air.
An investigation conducted by the Health and Safety Executive concluded that this would probably have been the case, meaning the professional could now seek damages.
Recently, it emerged that people working for J C Irvine on a refurbishment project in Swansea had been exposed to asbestos in the line of duty.
Claims Direct is a trading style of Slater and Gordon (UK) LLP.
Slater and Gordon (UK) LLP is a limited liability partnership registered in England and Wales (OC371153).
The registered office is: 50-52 Chancery Lane, London WC2A 1HL.
Slater and Gordon (UK) LLP is authorised and regulated by the Solicitors Regulation Authority (SRA no 568143).
Authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA) for insurance mediation activity.
© 2016 Slater & Gordon (UK) LLP