What time would you prefer us to contact you?
Please complete mandatory fields
John Courtney was called in to investigate a gas leak at Mount Stewart House in the Welsh capital in October last year and subsequently nearly died due to the strength of the fumes he inhaled.
The 55-year-old was an employee of Wales and West Utilities and was sent to analyse a problem that had arisen at the premises a day after professionals from BR Greenwell Heating and Plumbing Services had fitted a new gas control valve on the flue boiler.
Mr Courtney was immediately overcome by the effects of carbon monoxide poisoning upon entering the room and measurements from the fire service showed there was more than 16 times the safe level of the substance there.
Despite the fact both engineers from BR Greenwell were listed on the Gas Safe Register - which replaced CORGI in April 2009 - they were not properly qualified to do work on this type of appliance.
Posted by Francesca Witney
Claims Direct is a trading style of Slater and Gordon (UK) LLP.
Slater and Gordon (UK) LLP is a limited liability partnership registered in England and Wales (OC371153).
The registered office is: 50-52 Chancery Lane, London WC2A 1HL.
Slater and Gordon (UK) LLP is authorised and regulated by the Solicitors Regulation Authority (SRA no 568143).
Authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA) for insurance mediation activity.
© 2016 Slater & Gordon (UK) LLP