What time would you prefer us to contact you?
Please complete mandatory fields
Medical negligence compensation has been awarded to the parents of a child after a blunder at his birth.
Doctors at Stafford Hospital - an institution managed by the Mid Staffordshire NHS Foundation Trust - failed to remove an endotracheal tube used to help Owen Thomas breathe during his delivery in February 2007.
As a result, the baby coughed up the six-inch long piece of equipment around a week later in a harrowing experience for his mother Clare, who feels her child could have died had she not been present at the time.
The youngster - who turns five next year - has suffered no long-term after effects from the mistake, but Ms Thomas and his father Kev took legal action in the grounds of negligence and have now been granted an undisclosed five-figure settlement.
"Owen turned blue and looked like he was choking so I slapped him on the back and this tube came out," his mother said.
Claims Direct is a trading style of Slater and Gordon (UK) LLP.
Slater and Gordon (UK) LLP is a limited liability partnership registered in England and Wales (OC371153).
The registered office is: 50-52 Chancery Lane, London WC2A 1HL.
Slater and Gordon (UK) LLP is authorised and regulated by the Solicitors Regulation Authority (SRA no 568143).
Authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA) for insurance mediation activity.
© 2016 Slater & Gordon (UK) LLP