Family to make carbon monoxide claim?

Carbon monoxide poisoning compensation claims could be made by a family after faulty gas work was carried out at their home.

Builder James Raybould conducted operations at four houses in Worcester between September 2009 and July 2010 even though he was not correctly qualified to do so and residents in one property subsequently suffered from headaches.

An investigation conducted by the Health and Safety Executive (HSE) found that Mr Raybould was not in possession of a membership to the Gas Safe Register, meaning he was working illegally.

The man's activity was discovered, a case at Worcester Crown Court heard, when he failed to fix a leak in a boiler he had previously put in place.

He admitted breaching Section 3(2) of the Health and Safety at Work Act 1974 and clause 3(3) of the Gas Safety Regulations 1998.

This comes after Cambridge First reported that two people in the Chesterton region of Cambridge needed medical attention after a boiler was fitted wrongly in their home.

Posted by Emily Swanson ADNFCR-1500-ID-800756658-ADNFCR

12/10/2011 16:44