Landlord to pursue burns and scarring compensation?

A landlord who sustained severe burns and scarring during an accident at his pub just before Christmas may decide to pursue a claim for personal injury compensation.

According to the Shields Gazette, Colin Purdy suffered 40 per cent burns to his upper body when he came into contact with hot oil in the kitchen at the County Hotel in South Shields on the evening of December 21st 2010.

Mr Purdy, who is 49 years old, remains in the intensive care unit at the nearby Royal Victoria Infirmary in Newcastle and doctors from the institution - which is managed by the Newcastle upon Tyne NHS Foundation Trust - have told the news source he is making "slow progress" on his recovery.

The incident is believed to have occurred when a fryer overheated and exploded when the landlord went to investigate the problem, which also left a fellow worker requiring treatment for more minor burns.

Posted by Craig Williams
 ADNFCR-1500-ID-800322110-ADNFCR

04/01/2011 16:32